Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mother's Day :)

Hello dear loved ones,
This has been one of my favorite weeks in the mission. It may or may not have to do with the fact that I got to skype my amazing parents and call my beautiful grandmother but I will get to that.
This week we had a zone meeting which was really good. I always get to see familiar faces and chat with them. We talked much about how to plan more effectively and things we should be doing better in the mission. I took  so much to heart and am trying to be the missionary Heavenly Father wants me to be.
Every week we get to go to a nursing home and sing. I love it. Its so much fun to make the elderly smile and be happy. We also picked up a former. She is the mother of 8 kids and her oldest wants to get baptized. We have put her on date and are very excited to teach her about the gospel of Jesus Christ and the blessings that are headed her way. 
Church yesterday was amazing. Sundays are my favorite days of the week. It seriously is the spiritual feeding I need. Hermana Pinargote and I were privileged with the opportunity to speak in Sacrament meeting. I loved it! I just got to talk about the sacred calling motherhood is and then my amazing mom. It was so great!
We saved the best part for last. We got to skype our families last night! It was the best. Just the voice of my parents was enough. I of course cried and soaked it all up. I have the best parents in the entire world. I also got to call my grandma and it was so good to hear her sweet voice and tell her how much I love her. She is awesome. Having moments like those make you truly grateful for what you have. It gave me the boost I needed and now Im more ready to work than ever.
Life is so good and too short to take for granted. I want you all to tell your family (whoever it may be) and tell them how much you love them. I dont care if you just did it. Do it again because they need to hear it. 
God Be With You Until We Meet Again
Pray always,
Sister Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment