Monday, September 21, 2015

Dear everyone!
This week was so full! There really wasn't a dull moment or a moment to rest but that's okay! So this email will be full throttle so hang on. :)
Okay so it was a normal beginning of the week. We had a great family home evening lesson on the tree of life at the Rahns house with the Cousin family. The kids loved it and then we had pumpkin bread! The time for pumpkin flavored everything is coming! Im so excited because I am your typical white girl who loves pumpkin spice! Bring it! That went terrific! 
Lets go over day by day. Tuesday comes around and we went to see our friend in a nursing home who we read to weekly. Well we come for our appointment and he's sleeping in his room. No big deal. Well we go proselyte for an hour and placed a Book of Mormon in the home of an atheist who was very kind. We go back to the nursing home to see him and we have been informed that he changed bedrooms. So really when we went in to see him, we were in the wrong room. Super awkward. We ended up reading for him and he gave us cookies. Wednesday comes around and we were going to do some gardening and yard work for Liz (the Cousins mom). That went well and a huge trial of our faith slapped us in the face because now all of a sudden that day, two of the kids arent getting baptized. WHAT. Okay so we evaluated the situation and got everything said and done (longer and more confidential story) and all the kids are still on date for the 26th. WHEW! Then that night we met with some former's and they became two new investigators and agreed to meet with us again.
Thursday pretty normal day.
FRIDAY! was Zone Conference! It was so good. We have been informed that coming December Zone Conference 2015 the mission will get the dreadful black boxes that monitor our driving. Im in SO much trouble. Elder Nolan told us that we have to have our seat belt on before we even start the engine otherwise 6 seconds to do so and we will get a ding. Seriously?! Old habits die hard and I have counted how many times since Friday that I would have got dinged and Im up to around 27. You get your driving privileges revoked at 3. HA bring it on black box! But the actual Zone Conference was SO good. The Zone I have is just so unified and I just love when we get to hear from our Mission President. He truly is called of God. 
Saturday comes and goes but we had a lesson with Olivia and she taught us about the Young Womens theme. I recited that every Sunday so long ago. But such inspired words. She is the best and Im going to miss her when my time comes to leave Goose Creek.
Okay Sundays are still my favorite day of the entire week because I love going to church and seeing our ward and just hugging every one. It was great, I taught Sunday school again and just perfect! The Sabbath truly is a delight. We had dinner at the Manning's with the Becks and the Smiths. I love them all so much and we shared a very powerful Restoration. We gave the Cousins a mock interview for baptism. The innocence of children is remarkable. While with one of the twins last night I almost started crying because they are so precious to Heavenly Father. Ive felt so much over powering love this week for these people. I never understand how I can love them more and then I do.
I have a testimony of this gospel. Its true. Its real. Its life changing. I testify of the power of the Atonement. I testify of the power of prayer. Both of which I have experienced this week. 
Start now dear friends to prepare for General Conference! Here's a link to help. I cant wait! :)
God Be With You Until We Meet Again.
Pray always,
Sister Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment