Monday, September 14, 2015

Life is Good................

Dearest everyone,
Okay so this week is a crazy one. I just dont even know where the time goes anymore but Ive got some interesting experiences to share this week and I hope that you enjoy them but recognized the Spirit as well!
So on week 4 of this crazily, fast moving, spiritual, life enriching transfer here in the South, we have faced another week of everything. We found our selves in what I legitimately thought was a hurricane. We were driving home and Ive never seen such rain in my life! It was crazy. But for us fun, because we have never experienced it so it gave us new adventures. Because of that rain storm, the next morning it was frogs and toads galore. So I didnt exactly get my 2 miles of running in because I was too busy with the critters. Oops. :) Good times. 
2 hilarious stories for me this week. You may not find them funny but on my end they were knee slappers. First, I was proposed to 7 times in 15 minutes and the guy was completely serious. I respectfully declined. I cant even express the entire story but the main point of the conversation goes like this:
Carlton: You try to convert me?
Sister Jordan: Yes and we brought you a Book of Mormon this time.
Carlton: I make you deal. I divorce my wife, you marry me, then I convert. How about that?
Sister Jordan: ......Um. No.
So much more to how that lesson went but it was hilarious after we left.
Second, funny moment of the week was when Sister Laker and I were going to see a potential. We get up to his door and I notice again the huge Banana spider still hanging above our heads. The potential wasnt home so we went back to the car. Sister Laker asks why the spider was still there. I tell her that no one would every try to take it down because they would lose. Then she says "Yeah its called nature! Where's the bird to eat it and kill it." And I tell her "No bird in there right mind would try because they would lose too" We laughed and laughed.
After Ive written in down, you had to be there to understand how funny it was. :)
BUT now for the spiritual business.
The Cousin kids are going to be baptized on September 26 and we couldnt be more excited. Neither could they! Every ounce of our energy and time is going to that family. We pray that the dad will see how he needs to lead his kids and to not push them from behind and then never cross the finish line with them. 
This entire week to me has been a plethora on the Addiction Recovery Program. This is not something that you just go to and are guided by man's intelligence and knowledge of how to change. But it is an inspired program of the Lord and is all focused on overcoming problems through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Then in Relief Society yesterday, the teacher for the class here in Charleston talked about how it can help those struggling with problems in their marriage. Because of the steps taken it can help with anything and I have seen it. I know the power of the Atonement. We are helpless without it.
The Church has released videos of those that had faced addictions and used the ARP program to help them. I invite you all to start watching the videos and think about something you may be struggling with and start applying the steps. Also there are classes every where and you can easily find them at LDS.org 
I know the gospel is true. It changes lives for the better. Ive seen it. I testify this is all the work of Jesus Christ.
God Be With You Until We Meet Again
I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment