Monday, October 19, 2015

Reflections

Dear world,
This will probably be very quick and short because not a whole ton happened this week.
We went on exchanges and I was in charge of the area and it was a struggle because we kept hitting "road closed" areas because of the flood. Well my GPS doesnt have a disaster detour button so I had no clue where we were going. That was an adventure. Ive been on plenty of dirt roads this week with a car that is not meant for that. So cool.
The part I want to talk about from this week happened last night. We had a rough week, a rough day and we had our last appointment of the week with the temple president and his wife. First off, WONDERFUL PEOPLE. Oh they are amazing! They have served 5 diffierent missions and he was a mission president. They served in Uganda at the time of the massacre in Rhwanda. Very amazing stories. Well we talked and shared plenty of stories then the time came to end with a spiritual thought. After we shared our thought he shared his and it was a scripture that changed my life forever and my outlook of missionary work. In Alma 26:5, a scripture I have read plenty of times over and over again hit me so hard and so divinely that I started to cry. I cant even tell you how true this gospel is. The only point of missionary work is to see couples and families in the sealing room of one of the Lords temples. Baptism is only he beginning. The temple is where we want people to go. 
I know this is His work and we are merely instruments. Its all true. Read the Book of Mormon and see for yourself. Christ has it no other way except His church and His authority. I know He has a plan for us and that He loves us so incredibly much.
This video has no relation to the blog but its so good! Lets follow the Savior!


Until Next week, God Be With You Until We Meet Again. I love you!
 
Pray always,
Sister Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment