Monday, October 5, 2015

Welcome to Hopkins and Noah's Ark

Hello!
So the lovely place I have ended up is in Hopkins! I moved farther upstate to Columbia. I don't even remember what I wrote last week but I know it included the Cousin family getting baptized. So we will start off from there. So last Monday and Tuesday were pretty much goodbyes to my new family. Oh how hard it was to leave them! So many tears shed. So transfers come around and I got to meet my new companion Sister Bowman. And we were assigned to the Hopkins area. We have had to finish updating for a day. Then we had MLC on Friday. That is where were learned that we were going to be hit with floods and put on lockdown. So we have been in our apartment since Friday evening and we are still on lockdown. The only thing we were able to go to was a members house for General Conference. Luckily we have a member in our apartment complex who let us come over. It was way spiritual and very good. 
So being on lockdown as a missionary is a very humbling experience. Because of the floods, the water is completely shut down. Bring it on. Never did I ever think I would be filling up buckets of water to use for our toilet. Last night as I was falling asleep I was thinking of how grateful I am that I have my home and dry clothes. There were several missionaries that weren't as lucky and their house is under water. The city was put on a mandatory curfew. It's given my apartment plenty of time to get to know each other.
With that being said, I still don't know anyone in the Ward and we haven't had lessons in days. Very interesting. Very humbling.  Very watery.
I do however bear my testimony that Christ is real me leads this church. His plans and power is given to us through our modern day prophet. I know President Monson is the prophet of today. I know the First Presidency nod Quorum of the Twelve Apostles are called of God. How wonderful it is that we have been blessed with such guidance! I know this is His work and I am called to be His servant. I love South Carolina! 
Please go watch the talks from General Conference. They were written for YOU! 
God Be With You Til We Meet Again
All the STL's in my mission with Sister Turner (presidents wife) and two weird Elders in the back :)
And Welcome to Hopkins. Population: Water.
http://sistercassiejordan.blogspot.com
Pray always,
Sister Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment