Monday, February 22, 2016

Smoke like the west coast...................

Hola amigas y familia!
We all know how much I love the smell of camp fire smoke. The east coast does not have the same smell. EVER. Until Sister Simpson and I drove to the edge of our area (30 minutes which is a long distance for missionaries) and someone was burning something and it smelt like home. We looked at each other and got really happy and almost cried. We are ridiculous. Then we decided with the few minutes we had before dinner we would take creep photos in a cemetery in the middle of no where :)
This week was a week of hope. It was a week of faith. A week of love. We went on exchanges and I was with my long lost companion that I never had Sister Harvey. I was with her in Camden and it was a such a good exchange. I cant express the hope that was given to me during the exchange or what the exchange really meant to me. I needed the lesson learned. 
A tender moment was with a woman named Rita. She is in charge of the warehouse and she is very nit picky with how things are stacked and where things are put. Lots of people will make comments about it. Well we went to leave and I gave her a hug and she just clung to me and she said how she was having such an off day and she needed hope. My entire outlook on judgement was again refined. We really don't know what people go through. It is never our place to judge.
We were able to visit the Clow's this week and I just love them. They always seem to be one of the missionaries favorites and its true. We had Stake Conference this week and they came. It was so good! I love Stake Conference and I never want to miss one again. I don't see how I never really attended before my mission. There is so much to be learned. Elder Mund's from the Seventy talked about missionary work. The thing that struck me the most was the the members are here to help us, but we are here to help them. Missionaries all over the world are called to an area to find the elect. That is done THROUGH the members. Members are the ones who do the finding so the missionaries can do the teaching and then everyone can take part in the baptizing. Its a beautiful thing and it was nailed at the meeting. He did a role play in the meeting about how you can link everything back to the gospel. It was amazing! Really we can bring the gospel into any conversation without being pushy and overbearing. 
Im so grateful for the Sacrament. That is something my testimony has soared on my missionary. I knew it was important before and the why but on my mission I KNOW the importance. When Saturday night comes around Im so ready to start over. From this scripture, I bear testimony on the reality of the sacrament. In 3 Nephi 7:24 it talks about how "there were none who were brought unto repentance who were not baptized with water." Repentance is incomplete without baptism. BUT then think about it, one of the main purposes of the Sacrament is to renew our baptismal covenant. So the same applies. Repentance is incomplete without the weekly renewal through the sacrament. That is why Sunday worship is so vital. The purpose of this life is to repent. We cannot do that without the sacrament. 
This week was a solid week. Time goes by too fast. One last thing I wish to share that I learned from this week. I want you all to know how grateful I am for Sister Simpson. There is a reason we go two by two and I want you all to know that I am blessed to serve with her. 
This is a really good talk that I invite you all to read. In the world we live in we need to understand this. Don't cry at the end.
God Be With You Until We Meet Again

Pray always,
Sister Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment