Monday, February 9, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,
This week has been one for the books. I am sure you will all get a kick out what you will read. And I am here to tell you I have learned much about how to relieve stress. So on the mission, we have a diagram of stress zones: green, yellow, orange and red. Clearly we want to stay green. Defined on the mission, "A stressful emergency is when you very quickly go from green to red" Lets just say, I experienced this stressful emergency.
So Sister Regen and I get home from our day at 9pm right? Well before planning we both have to go to the bathroom. (We have two in our apartment) I go to the one in our room and she in the other one. I go into the bathroom I see this baby cockroach on the wall. (Keep in mind, we found one the size of a peanut earlier that day and Sister Regen killed it) and also this all happened in the matter of literally 10 seconds. So I  see this baby cockroach (very tiny) and I just breath and say "Its okay Sister Jordan, breath" I then proceed to look over in tub and see a little bit bigger of a baby cockroach. Again "Breath Sister Jordan, its a humbling experience" Something catches my eye in the mirror. RIGHT ABOVE MY HEAD is a cockroach the size of DVD disk. NO JOKE! I have never screamed so loud in my life. Nor have I ever ran out a room so fast. My companion later told me that after she heard me scream she thought "Sister Jordan is either getting murdered of she just found a cockroach." Guys, I have never experienced such a thing. GREEN TO RED IN 10 SECONDS! So we killed the cockroach and by we I mean Sister Regen. So anyways that why Im a gladiator because I cant do cockroaches and I am not ashamed of that fact in anyway. I have had nightmares of cockroaches every night since. So Im a little emotionally scarred. Moral of Story is, there is a reason why God puts missionaries in TWO, its so one of them can kill cockroaches while the other one ( ME) sits and cried and practically hyperventilates. Otherwise on to the work!
The work is moving. I had my first Zone Training Meeting and my companion and I did the training. (Im new and was asked to train experienced missionaries) It was so good though! President Turner was there as well so that was a little nerve racking but overall it was great. I got to see two elders from my district in the MTC so it was great to see some familiar faces. My first exchange is on Wednesday and Im a little nervous but Sister Regen has trained me well and I am confident in going about doing the Lords work for a day with another Sister missionary.
Lots a lessons learned this week. Many tender mercies. Its super difficult when you plan a whole day the night before, pray about it, feel good that this is supposed to be the plans for the next day and then have the day turn to nothing. People aren't interested or don't answer. Its gets very discouraging. But Ive learned this week how important faith and optimism are. Because of continuing on, though it looked gloomy, we were blessed with meeting some new people who were interested in what we have to share. The field really is white and ready to harvest.
I love this gospel so much. I pray my emails bring a sense of peace and assurance of God's love for His children. He can be your best friend, let Him. I love you all so much and I hope that when reading my emails, if you have any questions, ponder them and ask God. He really does answer prayers. I pray that if you have questions about the fullness of the gospel and missionary work, find the missionaries. They are everywhere. They want to help and teach. For we are representatives of God and we know with all our heart, might and strength that the message we share is true. God bless you all and God be with You until we Meet Again :)
-- 
Pray always,
Sister Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment