Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Christmas Time :)

Hello!
Merry Christmas family and friends! How joyous the season and the reason we celebrate! I love this time of year and am so grateful for my Savior. This is one of the weirdest most special Christmases I will have! :) 
So this week was a great week! Transfers and Sister Simpson and I are staying put! Fun stuff first and then the spiritual things. So this week Sister Simpson and I got the Columbia Sisters back and we filled their room with solo cups full of water. It turned out great! #winning then we didn't think they would do this... They started grabbing cups and throwing water on us. #nowtheyrewinning Overall super fun! Well we came home last night and they turned everything upside down. Our desks, beds, EVERYTHING. It was weird and I think it was a good prank. Until next time... we shall see.
Several spiritual lessons were taught this week. We need to BE Christlike not just do Christlike things. With that being said, the quote I want to share this week by President Ezra Taft Benson is this: "If thoughts make us what we are and we are to be like Christ, then we must think Christlike thoughts. Let me repeat that: If thoughts make us what we are and we are to be like Christ, then we must think Christlike thoughts." It goes perfectly with my goal this week. I want to BE not just do. I want my nature to change not only my behavior. It was a life changing quote. 
We also were able to see the Stake patriarch. The Spirit that filled his home, I couldn't even handle because it was so strong. My heart was bursting. I want my home to feel like that.
Oh I just love my Savior so much and I love my mission and want to be a missionary forever! :)
Have a safe Christmas and reach outward :) God Be With You Until We Meet Again
I thought this video was very interesting!
http://www.mormonchannel.org/watch/series/mormon-messages/the-first-christmas-spirit
Our upside down room and the beginning of the cups :)

Pray always,
Sister Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment