Monday, December 28, 2015

Hello!
This week was great! And very humbling. When you desire something righteous, Heavenly Father will test you to see if you really desire it. Well that was this week. No one was home or answered but Sister Simpson and I had so much fun. Doing God's work brings the most joy and happiness. 
There were several tender mercies this week. There is this family named the Walkers that I have been trying to get in contact with my entire time here in Hopkins. Well last night Sister Simpson and I had planned to see their neighbor (not thinking anything about the Walker family). When we went to pray we got into a conversation about the future and such that took up the time needed for the Walkers to come home. I saw a car pull in the drive way and I looked at Sister Simpson and said "Lets go!" I jumped out of the car and ran towards their car before they went inside. We were there for probably 30 minutes getting to know them. It was so cool! It really was worth the entire week of being on the struggle bus. 
Another tender mercy this week was meeting with our bishop. He gave us about 40 names of people to go see. We are hoping to see success come from those inspired names. 
I also got to talk to my parents on Christmas. They are the greatest people in the world. Im so grateful for them and I love them so much! It was a great refresher and I just love them!
Okay so this week I have learned so much! My goal this week is to have more spirit guided studies. Well this morning was amazing! So mind blowing. I want you all to know that the Book of Mormon is true! Read it for yourself please! Okay so President Nelson gave a talk of becoming perfect back in 1996. He divided perfection into two categories: mortal perfection and eternal perfection. He described mortal perfection of things we can become perfect at in this life like always living the Word of Wisdom or always paying a perfect tithe. But he said that without the Atonement and Resurrection we cannot become eternally perfect. Makes sense right? Well then my mind was blown. In the New Testament Matthew 5:48 Christ says to become perfect like our Father in Heaven. Christ had NOT YET reached eternal perfection because He had not been resurrected. But in His visit to the Americas recorded in the Book of Mormon He was already a resurrected being. So he had reached the state of eternal perfection. In 3 Nephi 12:48 "Therefore I would that ye should be perfect even as I, or your Father who is in heaven is perfect." Now he says to be as He is. My mind was just blown. The Book of Mormon means the world to me and I know that we can become like our Savior. We can become perfect! It just takes time. I bear witness of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. It testifies of our Savior. I know its the word of God. 
I love you all and I hope you are all thinking of how to become more like our perfect Savior!
Have a great New Year and PLEASE be safe! :)
God Be With You Until We Meet Again
Pray always,
Sister Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment