Monday, January 4, 2016

New Year...One year out.......................

Dear family and friends!
Happy New Year! I cant believe another year is gone. 2016 will be a great year and Im excited to see whats in store. It crazy to believe that Ive been a full time missionary for a year. It seems like I just got out. I can remember my first day in the field so vividly that there is no way I have been out that long. 
This week was a patient filled one. We faced many challenges and I testify Faith is a Power. We had a rough week last week with actually getting lessons and this week we had more but it was like pulling teeth to get them. Then Saturday night comes around and we are introduced to Jeremiah who we have actually seen at the library plenty of times. We invited him to come to church yesterday and he came! We then had a lesson with him afterwards and he accepted the invitation to be baptized on January 16. We are so excited. The joy felt when you see someone enter the waters of baptism and performed by the authority of God is a very special feeling. We have a lesson with him tonight and he is just one of the greatest guys. So kind and he thinks and talks a lot. I love seeing that God created us all uniquely and He loves each one of us.
We also got to go to Fort Jackson and we got our passes so we are official! No soldiers showed up to church this week and that is just cause its the new year. But next week is supposed to be full. We are so excited to have this privilege. Never before in my life did I think I would work with so much military. In Goose Creek I spent a plethora of time with the Navy. Now I get to learn of a whole other branch of the Army. Its great! I love being able to serve the men and women who serve this country.
Something I payed particular attention to in my studies this week is in Mosiah 29. We are living in a very wicked world and this part of the Book of Mormon prophesies what will happen if the world continues to reject the prophet and engages in sin. I am so grateful for the Atonement. His suffering began in the Garden of Gethsemane. To be saved by His Atonement is more than mere belief in Him. We must act and follow Him in all we do! 
I love the gospel. It has been restored to pure truth! I know we have a prophet today.
Think of this New Year and what you can change! We can all change for the better.
God Be WIth You Until We Meet Again!
I love you!
The picture for this week is my favorite place on earth. The temple of our Lord. No where Id rather be on the last day of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment