Monday, March 7, 2016

Hello folks!
Where do I even begin with this week? So first off our investigator Latracia is amazing! We love her. She is so ready to be baptized. She cant wait! We had several lessons with her this week and she is so prepared. One of the most elect people I have see on my mission. I cant even tell you how wonderful she is. Oh I just love her. So I will get back to here in a bit.
We had MLC this week. We got a new policy put into place (which it really isn't new, its just never been enforced) No member meals unless there are investigators present. I'm excited because it will help members fulfill their purpose more. Its not about food, its about hastening the work of the Lord and you don't need food to do it. It will take a long time for members to get use to it. We had MLC at the mission home instead of the church. That was fun. I remember my first day in the field there. So long ago!!
Friday was probably the craziest day. So we had ZTM which was great! I love being with other missionaries. It brings the Spirit so much. Then we had interviews with our mission president. That was good. I want everyone to know how much I love my mission president! He is great and so full of the Spirit! Then we were able to do service! That was fun because we rarely get the chance to do laborious work if ever. Then we had a night full of finding. It was good. We got in and planned and I was utterly exhausted. So with 45 minutes before bed I thought "Oh sweet! I get to relax and get some extra sleep!" Wrong! So about 10:15 we had a sister call us frantically to tell us her companion passed out and things. So they called Sister Turner and we were asked to go over and help them. So at 10:30 we went over to the next part of town. We were asked to take her to the hospital. We got her in and we were there until 4 am. Then we came home. The sister is doing good now and she is recovering. 
So that Saturday we had a ton of stuff to do that couldn't be rescheduled. So we were going off of 3 hours of sleep and we were just tired. Sunday comes around and its the greatest! I love the Sacrament and I look forward to it every week. Fort Jackson was great! We had two investigators at church and that was awesome! :) After church we had a lesson with Latracia and we brought her into the baptismal font. The Spirit was so strong! I couldn't believe it! It was so amazing! So that was the best thing ever. Then we had a lesson with a part member family. I will spare details but one of them got super offended and I have never felt the Spirit leave like that. The Spirit cannot be where contention is. I have never felt so disgusting before. The Spirit is essential to light and truth. So we hope because of the situation that we as missionaries will still be able to go over. 
We saw the Robbie, Mashell, Ashlyn and Dustin. They are such good kids and I love seeing them. They are step siblings and bicker like siblings. The yelling with them got so crazy last night, that afterwards I looked at my companion and said, "Never in a millions years did I think I would say this, I'm grateful to be an only child." So there you have it Mom and Dad, Thank you! We drew pictures with them of Christ and it was a really fun lesson. I love them!
And now we are here to a new week! I love being a missionary and I love the Lord.
Go watch this Mormon message! Its meant a lot to me this week. 
God Be With You Until We Meet Again
-- 
Pray always,
Sister Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment