Monday, March 28, 2016

Tender Mercies and a Glorious Easter................

Dear loved ones,
Happy Easter!!!!!
Another week of amazing missionary work completed. But really missionary work never ends. Every day is a new beginning to help someone who hangs lower than us or whose knees are more feeble than our own. I just love the gospel. 

This week was full of miracles and tender mercies. At the beginning of the week we went to see a potential and met her husband. He bashed us a bit but invited us to go learn truth and not rely on the knowledge of man. My mouth was kept shut because I know this gospel is true but I knew he wouldn't listen. During the experience I could feel the Spirit tugging oh so gently on my heart strings telling me again that the gospel is true. It was great comfort that Heavenly Father continued to strengthen my testimony of the gospel. Sister Simpson is a pro at seeing things from the eyes of others. She teaches me so much.

We had a lesson with a returning less active named Brother Redding. He is preparing to go to the temple. He is one of the sincerest people I have ever met. We taught him the Restoration and he asked if he could say the closing prayer. My eyes were wet when he finished because he loves the Lord so much and you could see how sincere it was. In his prayer he kept saying how he prays for us as missionaries to be safe and to find people to teach. When I stepped off his porch, another gentle reminder that missionaries with the prophet are the msot prayed for people on the face of the earth. How can I ever get down when I  have so many people praying for us? I love being a missionary.

These simple truths were strengthened this week:
We have a prophet on the earth today. One of my favorite quotes is this by Sister Carol F McConkie, "According to the worlds stadnard's, following the prophet may be unpopular, politcally incorrect of socially unacceptable.But following the prophet is always right."
Sacred things are not to be trifled with.
Role Plays take humility.

A miracle this week was meeting Ayanna. She opened the door we knocked on, let us right in and wants to be baptized. It was so great and we are excited to start working with her. She is the mom of a 4 year old named Asia. Such a tender mercy to have someone welcome so lovingly.

I urge you to all watch the General Women's Conference if you were not able to watch it. It is online :)
The thing I gained from it was a in Sister Burton's talk when she quoted the prophet Brigham Young and he said, "We have got to learn that the interest of their brethren is their own interest, or they can never be saved in the celestial kingdom." Whoa! This is service to others. We must become Christlike to obtain the highest!
Here is the link:

The most amazing part of our week was on Fort Jackson with Private Smith. First he is from Reno which is awesome alone and second he is gonna be baptized. It was so cool because Sister Simpson and I got to the Fort earlier than usual and there were four privates who weren't members. Well she taught Private Smith and then handed him off to me for the second part of the meeting. He said no to baptism with her and she promised as he prayed he would know its what he needed to do. Well I invited him and he said yes and he said that his prayer was answered with the lesson that I taught the other privates. There is so much more to this story but I don't have the time to write it all. But know that the gospel is true and Heavenly Father answers prayers. Our jaws were on the ground.

The family will be together forever through the holy temples of the Lord. A 16 year old boy in my ward named Kobie gave a talk. Him and his 14 year old brother lost their mom when they were 10 and 12 to cancer. He has stayed so strong in the gospel because he knows that the sealing power is real.

I bear my testimony that this gospel is true, It is Christs kingdom on the earth. By obedience to the gospel we will be given all the blessings he sees fit to give us :) Remember we celebrate Easter because He lives. He rose from the dead so we can return to our home. It is because of HIM.

I invite you to listen to lovely classical music for this wonderful Easter season!

-- 
Pray always,
Sister Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment