Monday, April 18, 2016

Hello everyone!
This week FLEW!
So we went to some nature trail last Monday. I may or may not have caught a turtle :) I love them!
Tuesday we had MLC which was great! I love being with the leadership of our mission and learning of how we can be better representatives of Christ. Then on Wednesday we prepared for our Zone Meeting. I gave a training with Elder Lino. We also had Chick-fil-a. Really my favorite place ever so I will be thoroughly disappointed if Reno still doesn't have one. 
The most ridiculous moment this week was yesterday. We went to a members house and taught the restoration. We were sitting on his patio which was COVERED with pollen. Knowing, that I have allergies (but not too bad in the south) sat and didn't really move the entire time we were there. Sister Simpson said later "I looked over as you were testifying of prophets and your eyes were red." I could feel a sting to my eyes but it didn't feel that bad. Well when we go to the car, my face was swollen to the max and my eyes were nothing but little slits. So Sister Simpson drove us home and and we didn't have ice packs so I laid on my bed with two hot pockets on my face and with allergies meds. I never want to experience that again. Who am I? Hot pockets? My goodness.
Then the BEST part was Alex's baptism! He just loved every minute of it. In the picture, his daughter looks like she is crying but she just yawned at the perfect moment. Alex was one of the most prepared people I have ever met. He cant wait to get to the temple to be sealed to his wife and daughter. Its moments like this, that makes everything worth it. And when he got confirmed!? Oh my goodness. The blessing was so simple, direct and full of the Spirit. He said he loved it. This is what the gospel is about. My favorite scripture is Alma 26:5. We have to gather them to temples or its only part of the equation. I love being a missionary! We also had Private Brooks baptized at the Fort. He stuck out to me because when he first came he claimed himself as Atheist. And then through the Spirit was converted to know the true character of His Father in Heaven. 
This week I had an interesting experience relating to truth and to doctrine. I want to bear my testimony that Heavenly Father's gospel is plain and simple. If he called a prophet who held the priesthood power anciently, He would do it today. We have to have faith that God would call another prophet to bring His FULL truth to the earth. When we have faith, we will come to know that Joseph Smith is the prophet that restored the gospel. I know he is the prophet of the last dispensation. I know that revelation is given to our current prophet President Thomas S Monson. I testify that Christ lives and He is our Eternal head.
I love you all and I want you all to go read this talk because it is life changing! Actually watch it because it means more.
God Be With You Until We Meet Again
 
Pray always,
Sister Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment