Monday, March 30, 2015

Dear family and friends,
Im truly learning the difficulty in telling other about the joys of a mission. When you are on a mission, you cannot formulate into words what you want to express. Each week, I find it more difficult to tell you all about my week, who we taught, what was learned and most importantly how the Savior and His Atonement has influenced my life.
The beginning of this week started out with my testimony being strengthened on personal revelation. I needed help to know how to love my mission more. Through studying and praying, I learned my answer is in the question. I thought back to the New Testament and the first great commandment: "Love the Lord, thy God with all thine heart" and to "love thy neighbor as thyself." I truly do love my mission and there is always room to love more.
Our miracle moment for this week was when we received a call from a man who wants us to teach his family. We do NOT get calls like this. Sister Regen and I were so humbled to have received that call. We get to teach the family and have dinner with them tonight. We are SO excited! :)
We were able to go to two nursing homes this week and visit with some of the elderly. Being there, brought tears to my eyes thinking of my sweet grandmother in Reno. I am fortunate to have such a loving, sweet, intelligent woman in my life. One who still has her humor, belief in God, and a healthy mind that allows her to remember her family. I love her.
We taught the Buckinghams again and he always gets on the topic of politics. As a missionary, we are supposed to engage in those conversations because it takes us away from our ultimate purpose in inviting others to come unto Christ. Ill will tell you though, it is extremely hard to not get into a discussion concerning current events. He is funny and gives Sister Regen and I the opportunity to listen to the Spirit to guide him back to our discussion.
The climax of my week was teaching a 10 minute lesson to a 5 year old named Gracie who comes from a very broken home. We taught her how to pray and we told her she can tell God, the things she is grateful for and the things she wants. We invited her to pray with us and her prayer broke my heart. In her innocent voice, she said " Please give me more time to see my mommy. Please let her love me." That was the prayer she offered that night. That was the prayer that extended the appreciation for my unbroken home far more than I ever imagined. After the lesson, I found two baby toads, ( my 5 year old self came out and I yelped for joy) All the kids on the street ran to me to see what I had found. I held these two precious creatures out to all these children. In the picture, stands little Gracie in front of me. 
I got the privilege to attend a baptism this weekend. As I saw this little girl enter the waters of baptism, I finally understood. There is no greater joy than seeing someone come unto Christ. 
The General Women's broadcast was amazing. It answered questions that I had. I truly know that any meeting can be an experience of revelation. I invite all of you to watch it online if you didn't get a chance to watch is live. 
Lastly, I am being humbled every single day. I learn more and more of my own pride and selfish desires and how they prevent me from hastening the Lords work. I see that everything I do relates to Heavenly Father's work and His glory. I wish I could describe it to those reading this. 
My invitation to you all this week is to look into General Conference. It will be held on April 4th and 5th. It starts at 10 am Mountain Standard Time (Utah time) then adjust accordingly. I ask you all to watch a session or all of them. We get to hear from our living prophet. I know he is a man called of God and the messages that will be shared are for our day. Come with a question of your heart, and I promise it will be answered. Also because it is Easter, look up the video Because He Lives. Ive attached the link to watch it. Its only 3 minutes.
I love you all, and miss you. God Be With You Until We Meet Again.

-- 

Pray always,
Sister Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment