Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving Times

Dear family and friends,

I'm thankful for life.
I'm thankful for Christ.
I'm thankful for my mom and dad <3
I'm thankful for my dearest of friends.
I'm thankful for my mission companion. #premortalcompanions
I'm thankful to be a missionary.
I'm thankful for South Carolina.
I'm thankful for my South Carolina family both in Goose Creek and in Hopkins.
I'm thankful for the scriptures. #thebookisblue
I'm thankful for a modern day prophet.
I'm thankful for the ability to walk, talk and laugh.
I'm thankful for truth.

Oh my goodness there is so much to be thankful for. I love how we have a day dedicated to Thanksgiving but its so nice to know that this isnt the only day we can express gratitude. This week though I am particularly thankful for obedience. We only receive blessings based on our obedience to our God. Ive seen so many tender mercies with the work this week concerning obedience. 
I cant believe another year is practically over. I feel like I just got to the mission field and 2015 is coming to a close. YIKES. This year has been full of so much. Gah I just love being a missionary.
Okay I need to brag about my companion. We were proselyting this week and we learned that we both watched Out of the Box when we were a kid. You guys, I have NEVER found anyone who watched that show. So cool bonding moment. Anyways we are two peas in a pod. We are finding like crazy and Amy gets baptized in two weeks! We are so excited! and we just cant wait for her to be baptized! Gah!
We are teaching a kid named Bob. He is quiet but wants to be baptized. Then we have out new investigator named Britney and she is 16. She wants to be baptized we just have to get her to church.
We met so many people this week with so many different beliefs in the nature of God. It was a humbling experience for me.
I know the gospel is real. This is Christs restored church upon the earth. My testimony cannot be shaken no matter what people say. I know its true. 
With the Christmas season coming up lets not forget what this Christmas season is about. Please go see the new Christmas video but also see last years. I like last years better.
God Be With You Until We Meet Again
Pray always,
Sister Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment